Monday, July 15, 2013

Seek and You Shall Find



But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.  
Deuteronomy 4:29

Medication.  I'm not against taking a medicine.  My friend encouraged me that this could be a tool used to help with healing.  It does not have to be a forever thing.  I agree.  

I called my doctor, explained what has happened, and he prescribed me an antidepressant.  I have been on an antidepressant now for almost a month. I can tell a difference.  Before, my mind would beat me up and drag me down.  Thoughts would go round and round in circles and it would leave me absolutely drained, tired, and so down that when I got home I would need to sleep.  Now my mind does not have reoccurring thoughts dragging me down and my energy has increased.  I have been nicer and have been able to hang out with people more lately.  This I am thankful for.

Like I have said before, I am reading, "Get Out of that Pit" by Beth Moore.  Again, I am thankful. This book is leading me to truth in the scriptures to seek the Lord for healing.  I have learned to Cry out to the Lord, To Confess my state, and to Consent with the Lord.  I am learning how to pray bold prayers utilizing scripture and the book even provides specific prayers to pray throughout the day.  They are indeed fitting to my season.  Praise God for the healing he has already provided and is continuing to do in my heart.  


I am also reading, "Freefall to Fly" by Rebekah Lyons.  This book describes her story through depression and anxiety.  It is also encouraging to hear how the Lord brought her into freedom. She is now living a full life filled with hope.  

Over and Over again I am reminded how loving God is and how compassionate he is.  He really wants to set me free.  Am I asking for help, for deliverance, for redemption?  Am I talking to the Lord daily and getting to know him, telling him of my heart, and praying for those around me?  I know when I am on my knees spilling my heart and then setting still listening through out the day I can honestly hear the Lord directly speaking to me.  This my friend is good.  

    Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. 
    Psalm 34:8
On another note,  last night Justin and I watch the movie, "The Impossible."  This is a heart-wrenching, very depressing movie.  This movie is based on a true story of a family who survived the Tsunami in 2004.  Justin and I cried through the whole movie.  You can read about the real family HERE
    This really inspired me to reflect on my life and to be sincerely Thankful.  All to often I am caught up in selfishness and forget the GOOD.  I don't want to forget what is so precious in my sight. 

No comments: