Sunday, June 2, 2013

Stronghold

Anything that becomes a bigger preoccupation in your mind than the truth and knowledge of God, anything that dwarfs His truth and knowledge in your imagination, is a stronghold. In other words, if I have a relationhip through which I can no longer prioritize Christ and His Word, Satain is building a stronghold there. - Beth Moore  "Get out of that Pit"

Money is my stronghold.  There I said it.  I'm obsessed with money. Wanting more. Thinking it will fix my problems.  It consumes my mind.  I didn't want to believe this was an issue in my life.  I thought we all had to have money to live and we are working to make money to live.  So I thought it is natural for us to worry about money.

Justin challenged me Friday after reading a few pages out of a book.
My Identity - when I was a child we had our needs covered, but never had anything extravagant, super nice and very rarely received our wants.
The Problem -  This made me find value in money.  I wanted nice things.  I wanted to make a living where we didnt have to worry about money.  I didn't want to be broke or poor.


Anyways,  I started getting mad at Justin when we were talking about this because it felt like I was being forced into saying it.  But it all changed when I sat and thought that this was not of GOD.  Why can't I talk about it. Why is it making me mad?  This is true.  My value is found in money.


It hurt. I cried.  I don't want my value to be found in money.  My heart is to long for the Lord for my life to overflow with him.  It is not. It is consumed by our lack of money. My every thought is how we don't have enough money.  I don't want to bother with it because it stresses me out. I think about it day and night.  MY STRONGHOLD

Fo the Lord will not Forsake his people. He will not abandon his heritage.  If the Lord Had not been my help my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence.  When I thought "my foot slips," your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many your consolations cheer my soul.  ..........But the Lord has beome my stronghold and my God the Rock of refuge.  Psalm 94

Praying for the Lord to become my Stronghold!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Friend, we have always been able to relate to one another on many levels...and this is one of them. Praying for both of us that we would find our value in HIM...and not in money, etc. I believe it's true, even when you make more money, it still isn't enough. You keep wanting more no matter how much you have...praying that the more we have of Jesus, the more we want of HIM, that it's never enough, what we have that we are always left with wanting more of Him. Love you friend, thanks for sharing your heart! Miss you!