Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Seeking wisdom

Psalm 30

I will exalt you, Lord,

    for you lifted me out of the depths
    and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
Lord my God, I called to you for help,
    and you healed me.
You, Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead;
    you spared me from going down to the pit.



Where does my help come from?  It comes from the Lord.

Lately I have been seeing a counselor weekly or biweekly.  This has been a huge blessing to verbalize the junk in my head without bias.

Bias is huge.  Sometimes our words can be hurtful and detrimental if shared with the wrong person. It is so important who we confide in because not everyone is a source of wisdom. Talking to someone who is not bias has really helped to sort through my thoughts.  This has prevented the occurance of someone being attacked, hurt, or even judgemental. This has been a wise decision.  

Today was my fourth counseling session.  While counseling has been beneficial I was reminded today during my session that My help comes from the LORD not specifically a counselor.  While I sit and discuss life with her and process through different areas of my life, this counselor CAN NOT ultimately bring healing or change in my life.  

    James 1:5

    If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 
Thankful though the LORD can use counselors to bring healing. GOD IS THE HEALER

1 comment:

Mrs.NatClem said...

So good and true. Happy to hear you are finding time with the counselor beneficial. Love seeing the Lord lead you in this time.