Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Morehead Living

Morehead is a quaint little town. I have had a great community dietetics experience here. Anyone from Kentucky knows that most areas are labeled as counties. We are currently in Rowan County and have also visited the surrounding counties (Estill, Menifee, Carter, & Bath Counties). The mountains of Kentucky are beautiful and the people here are very nice.  Many people have asked where I have been staying. I have stayed in this adorable, cozy home.



Ashley (my roommate & intern friend) have planted herbs for the summer -- cilantro & basil.  We are so excited to see the little sprouts. I can't wait to make pesto with the basil and quacamole using the cilantro.


Today, Ashley and I walked downtown and visited the local drugstore Holbrook's. We had ourselves a delicious milkshake & I purchased some delicious rocky road & peanut butter fudge.  Yummmmm!


Peanut Butter Milkshake to-go, Please!


Tomorrow is our last day is this town. I am so excited to get home to the hubs.  This week is winding down with one super happy girl. Tomorrow, the hubs and I will celebrate our four year anniversary!!! &  Friday I will graduate.  What a wonderful, hard, challenging, beautiful last 10 months have been. I'm super stoked I will soon be finished and be Mrs. Erica Rhorer, RD, LD (once I pass the exam)!


1 comment:

Oh Dear said...

We lived in Powell Co. at one time so we frequented Estill Co.....it was an experience! But I am grateful for it.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!