Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Weekend

The Holiday was a good one. I took off Thursday and had Friday off. Even though it was a long weekend it felt so short. Its Monday again and I’m tired. Oh well, I really need to learn to rest on the weekend. Justin and I went downtown to the Farmers Market and ran into all the Fourth of July festivities on Saturday. I really enjoyed walking the streets and being in the middle of a crowd of people. I don’t know about you, but I get excited about festivals because I get to get me some kettle korn. I love kettle korn! Justin got him some cinnamon roasted almonds and those were delicious! That was definitely a nice little treat. Our friend Heidi came in and stayed with us (Her husband is out of the country). Because of the rain we decided to stay in our cozy apartment and just grill out. It was so nice. Some other friends even came over last minute. I hate that we missed out on fireworks. Hopefully next year it doesn’t rain.

It was Mya’s 1 year old birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday Mya!!! We drove to Northern Ky to celebrate with their family.

Justin and I even went for a hike this past weekend at Raven Run. I don’t know why he has never taken us there before. It was a good little workout. They have a four mile trail that we want to conquer sometime. It is so beautiful out there and the best thing is we don’t have to travel very far. It was only 15 minutes away. We also walked upon some wild blackberries. I forgot how much I love picking them fresh. My neighbor growing up always let us pick from her blackberry bush. My mouth is watering as I type this. Yum Yum!

No comments: