Monday, February 23, 2009

Curtains


So now we have curtains hung in our living room. I like them. They really add color to the room. I decided to take the rug back and start looking for a new one. I still need to hang curtains over the sliding door (to the right in the pic). My mother n law said not to, but I kind of want to. What do you think? Do you think it would look nicer to hang curtains over this too? Please!! I will take any suggestions.



Do you see the space heater in front of the couch? Yeah so we live in a 700sqft apt and our electric bill was over two hundred dollars. Yes I said that correctly. We were very disturbed and upset! So we have set our temperature very, very low and we are walking around with sweatpants, sweatshirts, socks, and blankets wrapped around us. No it is not fun, but whatever it takes right. I called KU and they said we were just using to much energy. Bahhahahahahaha!!!!! In a 700sqft apt……………..that’s RIDICULOUS!!! The insulation is terrible and we were just screwed. Next time I guess we will think long and hard about insulated houses and apartments. (I thought I already made that a priority, but the apartment looked so updated I didn’t even think about the insulation) Looks can be deceiving!!!!!

And Jessica I plan to do the picture blogpost, but I want to do it on the computer at home and right now I am at work!

2 comments:

tara said...

I like it! I think curtains over the door would look good, but sliding door curtains usually are a little on the expensive side. I found mine that I loved several years ago in the Sears or JCPenny catalog for our old house.

Kristen said...

I think your place looks sooo cozy. The curtains look great! I would probably go for the curtains over the door too, but I love the warmth that curtains and fabric bring to a home. And on a side note, they may really help with the insulation issues.